No users online.
Main Forum

Discussion about Open Beta

3 replies
Phaytel aEQN:Landmark
233 posts
+26 Kudos
Admins
Post here about your experiences in the open beta. What you liked, Didn't like, Love and hated.
AGphixious.png
Posted Apr 24, 12 · OP
0  Kudos
233 posts
+26 Kudos
Admins
Personally, I think the beta is slightly a waste. Since they only gave us access to the first hour or so of the game, we couldn't really test the things that I was looking forward to testing, though the launch isn't far away and I got the game for free, so no complaints here. I also think that they need to tone down the witch doctor some... he's a little OP in my opinion. He seems to get a ton of damage out with his AoE slow + it does a lot of damage over time with all the other effects that it has. I know that Alucard and myself ran through the entire game with WD/Monk in about an hour with exploring everything.

Granted, on my wizard, i cleared the beta in around 50 minutes without ever touching my keyboard, but in the scheme of things, wizards are going to be OP no matter what you do to them due to the range+damage combination.

Liked: The party play seemed to scale pretty accurately. Keeping the game at the equivalent difficulty no matter how many people you added. (up to the cap of 4)
Didn't Like: The length of the beta was far too short for proper testing IMO
Loved: .... nothing as of yet.
Hated: The fact that it was entirely too easy on normal and they intend it to be that way for the release.
AGphixious.png
Posted Apr 24, 12 · OP
0  Kudos
86 posts
+15 Kudos
Admins
This is from the standpoint of a Diablo n00b. Seriously, the extent of my experience with the franchise is with the beta.
I also have like no experience with dungeon crawlers at all, so I base my experience based on the expectations built from others I've heard who do have experience with it.

I didn't dislike it; it isn't BAD (someone on the tubes mistook criticism of the beta [which is kind of the point of a beta, yeah?] for hate and but butthurt over it...). I felt rushed, though, and that Blizzard should've made more content available in the beta to get realistic feedback about in-game happenings. I only rolled a wizard, and I had fun with it - it did not seem to be too squishy. The spells up through level thirteen are pretty neat.

For a game that has been in development for AT LEAST four years, I expected more out of it. I don't see it being a game that I would personally want to come back and play again after playing through each class. Not that it isn't fun, I just don't really see it being a worthwhile investment of my time with other games on the market, etc.

Phix (Phaytel, above post) pointed out a valid concern IRL that if the other acts are similar length to the first one that was included in the beta, it will not be a very fulfilling game and will zip past too quickly.

ebates_logo.png
If you shop online, you NEED this. Click my referral link above!
Posted Apr 24, 12
0  Kudos
233 posts
+26 Kudos
Admins
there are no ability tree's just the fact that you have to choose what rune to run with what spell. That is what makes the difference in the game... or so they hope..
AGphixious.png
Posted Apr 25, 12 · OP
0  Kudos
Announcement of